Latest News & Match Reports
FEBRUARY 500 CLUB GRAND DRAW WINNER
Congratulations to Brian Allen who won the Grand Annual Draw in February for the 500 Club - well done!
Also, WRFC would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone in the 500 Club for their support – without the donations made, many much needed repairs and improvements would not have been possible, to the general detriment of the membership – Thank You All!!
Also please look out for news shortly to be announced on the addition of extra prizes in the monthly draws.
Cinderford 32 - 31 Worthing Raiders
| || ||Pictures (29) Sat,08/03/2014|
WORTHING U9s PRESENTED WITH NEW SHIRTS BY THE WORTHING MAYOR
Worthing U9s were presented with their new sponsored shirts by the Mayor of Worthing, Councillor Bob Smytherman. A big thank you to Andrew & Donna Sparsis of the Proto Restaurant Group for sponsoring the shirts.
Worthing U10's sent 2 squads to the Pulborough festival today and returned with 2 trophies.
Worthing U10 Golds beat Petersfield 4:0 in the Cup final.
Worthing U10 Blues they beat Hove 4:1 in the Plate final.
Please find more details on the next page.
| || ||Pictures (2) Mon,03/03/2014|
Kiba scoring his first try. Warwick Baker pictures
| || ||Pictures (23) Mon,03/03/2014|
South south east 2 league
Worthing ladies 12 - 22 Barnes Ladies
SUMMER TOUCH - VOLUNTEERS WANTED
The club is looking for volunteers to run this year’s Summer Touch tournament. The tournament starts in May with Registration and runs through to the Finals in July. The team of volunteers’ main duties would be:
• Organise and co-ordinate Registration day.
• Run the tournament evenings. One evening per week (historically Wednesday).
• Generate & maintain the tournament leagues fixtures.
• Contact team captains on a weekly basis.
• Run and update the tournament Facebook page.
• Organise, setup and run Finals day (19th July).
Please contact the office - 01903 784706 or email@example.com.
Billy Whizz in action again. Pictures Colin Coulson
On Monday night a combined Raiders squad went to Aldershot to play the British Army’s second string at their Aldershot stadium. This was the Army’s first of two trial games for the Army Navy game to be played next month. For the Raiders it was an opportunity for the coaches to assess the fitness of key players like Ben Dudley, Matt McLean and Alex Nielsen before today’s vital fixture against our visitors Hull Ionians. It was also an opportunity to give the Raiders’ bench valuable game time and younger players like Elliot Luke, Paul Burns and Ben Wilcockson the opportunity to play alongside their training partners from the full Raiders squad. more...
| || ||Pictures (14) Tue,25/02/2014|
RUGBY WORLD CUP 2015 – WORTHING RFC PRIORITY ACCESS SALE UPDATE
• Ticket sales are being handled by England 2015 and in March the club will receive confirmation of its ticket allocation for every match along with a distribution guide.
• The club will publish details of how tickets will be allocated and invite ticket applications from members.
• Successful applicants should be notified by the end of April 2014.
• In May 2014 the club will register its successful members via the official Rugby World Cup ticketing website.
• From mid-May 2014 successful members will be able to purchase their tickets from the official Rugby World Cup website.
• Tickets will be sold directly to members and delivered to their home address.
• If you miss out on the “priority” process (or do not take up your allocation) you will still be able to take part in future Rugby World Cup ticket sales phases as they are released to the public.
• If you need to purchase tickets but are unable to deal with online ticketing system, the club will do its best to help you.
• Please watch the website for further updates and details of how to apply.