| || ||1||2||3||4||5|
|27||28||29||30||31|| || |
Worthing rugby Club aims to develop rugby within the club and local community by means of several initiatives detailed as follows:
- Improving the standard of youth rugby coaching in our community
- Increasing the participation in rugby at school and club
- Providing access to a sport which caters for all shapes and sizes
- Improving fitness and lifestyle opportunities for young people
- Introducing, self discipline, fair play, a strong team ethic and fun
To really like playing rugby, you have to understand what your job is in the team, be coached to perform it well, and be fit enough enjoy doing it. The development programme will help with your fitness, but is more about bringing out a players inherent skills, and enabling them to perform at their best in a team environment.
- Playing rugby is great fun
- You make many friends both on and off the pitch
- Girls play and enjoy rugby - its not just a game for boys!
- Leagues, festivals and tournaments enable you to measure your skills
- Everyone has a job to do in the game. Everyone is important
- You can play at school and at Worthing RFC
- Quality coaching supported by Worthing's Rugby Development Officer.
- Rugby in and out of for all young people at High School.
- Play in Worthing Schools Rugby Association and Sussex representative squads.
- Obtain an NVQ Rugby qualification through Worthing College and the Worthing RFC Rugby Academy.
Worthing RFC aims to provide an environment that supports young people as they develop by:
- Encouraging participation, self esteem and a positive approach to healthy living
- Seeking to instil a sense of responsibility and respect for each other, the opposition, and the referee
- Providing a centre for excellence: first rate facilities and coaching help to bring about individual progress
- Offering a safe and supportive environment in which all can learn and grow as people and as players
For further details and assistance contact the appropriate Age Group manager (see Club Contacts page). Age groups are based on players age on the 1st September e.g - if aged 8 you are an u9 player.